The Bachelorette party ... so many ways to celebrate. So many ways to spend money and act out. But, if you want to save money, your best deal is to stay at home and play some bachelorette party games. Sex and the City was a show that is a cultural phenomenon from the late 1990’s to early 2000’s about four single, fabulous women in New York City. The show followed them in love, heartbreak, careers, and conquests. What a great theme for a gals get together. . If you want something different (and fun) I came across the Sex and City Trivia game the other day and played it with some friends; what a blast. It was a lot of fun and in my opinion, a great bachelorette party game. It's all girls at the party anyways, and most of us love Sex and the City, and it's a girly girl game.
The first true comedy about love, sex and relationships, the HBO® award-winning series Sex and the City is now a Platinum Edition Trivia Game. The show's six seasons of humor, glamor, and friendship, not to mention
cosmopolitans and designer shoes, is the basis for this unique trivia game that is anything but trivial! Answer trivia questions, act out different scenes,
collect lifestyle cards, and enjoy a night of "girl talk." $24.99
If you don't want to buy a game . . . make up your own.
For games, trivia is a blast. It can be teams, charades or whatever works best for the host. Here are some trivia questions to help get the ball rolling:
1) What is the name of the NY Times reviewer that reviewed Carrie’s book?
2) What the real name of the “The Face Girl”?
3) What is Mr. Big’s real name?
4) What is the name on the card Samantha steals from the SoHo House?
5) What song did Natasha walk down the aisle to when she married Mr. Big?
7) What was the name of Samantha’s assistant that quit and threw the Hampton’s HoDown?
8) What food does Carrie cancel after she hears about the “funky spunk guy?
9) What is the name of the city Aiden’s country cabin is in?
10) What language does Charlotte learn in order to speak to her future adopted child?
Or try to see who can name one-liners. Maybe who said it, what the situation was or what episode it was in.
Don't forget ... you can rent the movie and have that playing while you are playing games.Sex and the City - The Movie (Special Edition) or the show Sex and the City - The Complete Series (Collector's Giftset).
Food and costumes
- Serve cosmopolitans. What else? If not all the ladies like cosmos, make appletinis or Manhattans. Have appetizers of shrimp and little sandwiches and for dinner serve Chinese food (since it’s a main theme in the show with Carrie’s “slump” food and Miranda always orders from Shanghai Garden).
- Have the guests come dressed as their favorite character. However, not everyone has to come as one of the four main characters. Mix it up a bit and have people come as Amelita, Susan Sharon, the “Face Girl” or other favorite characters, or just even as "New Yorkers."
1 oz vodka
Strain into a martini glass, garnish with a lime wedge on the rim, and serve.
Stir ingredients together with crushed ice in a cocktail/martini glass, and serve.
Martini Cocktail Recipe ... too many to choose from. Go here for a ton of recipes
- Decorate with Vogue or style magazines sitting around. Add some New York memorabilia such as NY Mets Hats, Yankee Hats, “I heart NY” stuff and shoe paraphernalia. Go over the top, glamorous and girly girl.
- Toss in some martini glasses (these are the Sex and the city glasses)
(you can actually have martini's) cosmopolitans, or what ever else you want to
drink, and it's another way to tie into the theme. Singularly they are
$12.99 a piece or you can buy the set for under $45.00 -- and just like at any
good bar, you can let the guests take them home as favors.
Perfect for your next chic get-together, this Martini glass features "Samantha" laser etched on it with the Sex and the City logo laser etched underneath it.
Perfect for your next chic get-together, this Martini glass features "Miranda" laser etched on it with the Sex and the City logo laser etched underneath it.
Perfect for your next chic get-together, this Martini glass features "Charlotte" laser etched on it with the Sex and the City logo laser etched underneath it.
Perfect for your next chic get-together, this Martini glass features "Carrie" laser etched on it with the Sex and the City logo laser etched underneath.
Depending on whether you want to continue the Martini theme, you can go hog wild and buy the cute tee's to wear. The idea is to encompass the whole theme into the party.
Fun and flirty, this 100% cotton t-shirt is emblazoned with a glittery Me Likey martini glass logo on the front. An S&TC logo stirrer is shown coming out of the top of the glass. $24.99
Stylish and funky, this 50% cotton, 50% polyester Sex and the City™ t-shirt is adorned with a screen-printed martini graphic. The multi-colored martini graphic features words and phrases from the hit show! $19.97
Last but not least, the party favors. They can be joke items like tampons. This comes from the episode where Miranda finds out she’s pregnant and Charlotte finds out she’s not. Charlotte brings a rather large box of tampons to brunch and slams them down on the table. Carrie then says “Look, Charlotte brought party favors.” Favors can also include a small mani/pedi set, a shoe keychain, “I heart NY” keychain, cosmo mix, a mini kama sutra book, etc.
Below are a few other cute ones that are inexpensive.
There's only one kind of workout for Carrie, Miranda, Samantha, and Charlotte: shopping. This keychain features a shopping bag charm with "shopping is my cardio™" on one side and the Sex and the City™ logo on the other side. The keychain also includes a clip and a shoe charm. $9.99
This chic compact mirror features a pink faux lizard exterior with an engraved S&TC logo. Behold your dazzling smile with a regular and magnified interior view. No purse is complete without this perfect accessory! $16.99
What's the point of exercise when you can shop? This ceramic mug features "shopping is my cardio."™ printed on one side and the Sex and the City™ logo printed on the other. $12.99