Thursday, December 07, 2006

Your Wedding Shoes: Tips on Comfort, Style & More

Your Wedding Shoes

Should you break in your shoes?
Your bridal shoes should feel good the first time you put them on, but they will only become more comfortable with a bit of wear. Here are our top tips for ensuring comfort - and confidence on your wedding day.

Notes on Comfort

Almost every gal who walks through the door of a bridal boutique asks about comfort. It's a valid concern because when your feet hurt it, shows on your face. When choosing Bridal Shoes try to balance comfort with style so you can be confident that the shoe you fall in love with now, will still be your favorite at the end of your wedding night. There are also some steps you can take to ensure greater comfort.

Measure
Have your feet measured so you're sure to order the right size. Do the measuring at the end of the day since feet tend to swell throughout the day.
Break-In
A couple of weeks before the wedding, start wearing your shoes inside the house every day for an hour or two at a time to break them in.

Use Foot Pads

A well-placed foot pad can help prevent slipping, shifting, rubbing and chafing.

Consider Quality

If comfort is still of great concern I recommend investing in a top designer brand. You'll pay more for the fine leather but the quality construction will mean greater comfort.

Notes on Style

Can't decide on a style? I suggest you look to your gown and accessories for inspiration. I'll bet you can quickly name the "look" you're trying to create on your wedding day, and once you do that selecting the right shoe style is easy.

Classic Look

Pumps, slingbacks and shoes with a closed toe are the most classic. That's not to say you shouldn't walk down the aisle in a strappy sandal or an open toe, but you should keep the embellishments to a minimum and look for unfussy designs.

Vintage Look

This is a look that brides are requesting a lot these days and I love creating the hairstyles and choosing accessories. I look for shoes with closed toes and if they have a round or square toe that's even better. I also love updated Mary Janes such as the Rachel Bridal Shoe.
Diva Look

I've chosen a lot of daring styles for Bellissima Bridal Shoes because I believe that a bride can be sexy without being over-the-top. Strappy sandals or styles that wrap around your ankle like the Sierra or Monaco are great choices. Of course high heels are probably the quickest way to achieve a diva style!

Casual or Beach Look

When I go on location to do hair and makeup I'm often traveling to a beach or park and recently I even did a small backyard wedding at the home of the bride's parents. These casual gatherings are the perfect opportunity to choose simple, uncomplicated styles with minimal embellishment - easy on the sparkle. I also suggest bridal flats or low heels especially if you're going to be on sand or grass where higher heels tend to sink.


1 comments:

Anna said...

Wow!! That was a cool post!! The links were of great help. Now I think I can pick up the perfect pair for my self. You can also peep into my wedding blog and lemme know how you liked it!!